Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good people make everything better

How true is the title of my blog today? Honestly, I don't know where I would be without my family and friends.
Needless to say, the last couple of days have been really difficult. I went to work yesterday because I figure, A) We need the money, and B) I can't sit home and ruminate on our loss, it's counterproductive and it won't make me feel better. It was a really hard day. My bosses are difficult to deal with on a good day, but on a bad day, such as yesterday, they are darn near impossible.
Anyway, made it through the day. I talked to my mom some more last night about our loss, cried about, and got irrationally upset because they told both my brothers. I don't know why. It's fine, I don't mind them knowing, but I was going to tell them. I feel like she overstepped and took my "news" away from me. But it was stupid. She probably explained better because I would have just sobbed through the conversation. I don't know. I told her and then profusely apologized because I felt bad for being like that.
My emotions as still kind of off.

Today was a pretty good day though. We woke up around the same time and just laid in bed, snuggled and laughed and picked on each other for a bit. It was nice to just be together like that. We got up and got ready a little bit earlier than normal. Went to the bank and then out for a hike. We did a trail along some bluffs on the Pa.cific Oce.an. We saw some really beautiful sights, water crashing in along the rocks, seagulls and pelicans flying on the air currents and diving into the water, ground squirrels and lizards running along the trail. It was a beautiful day and it was really nice to be outside just enjoying it.
Afterwards we went to a park and sat and read our books and then to a movie - Gho.sts of Girl.friends Pa.st. It was pretty amusing. Not the best movie ever, but served the purpose of taking our minds off what's been going on.

Tomorrow we plan on lazing around, making turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner and A is going to watch the Re.d Win.gs game @ 2. All in all makes for a pretty good weekend.

The best part though, the reason for the title of my post, is what was waiting for us when we returned home tonight. A vase of flowers from my parents, (beautiful, purple and pink with a butterfly) and some chocolates from our close friends, A & J and their new son B. It was a wonderful gesture and so very thoughtful of each to do that for us. I called each in turn and tearfully thanked them. It was truly the perfect end to today.

No comments: