Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back from ER

So my egg retrieval was today. We headed down south to the surgery center last night. Went out to dinner at Out.back Stea.khouse. It was pretty good. We haven't been there since we movied from MI. The steakhouses in our area are ok. They grill them, but smoke them too, which to me kind of overpowers the taste of the meat, but I digress.

So we got to the surgery center at 9:15, filled out the requisite paperwork and waited be called back. Once we got back there, I undressed from my street clothes and put on a gown and a pretty blue showercap. They took A away to donate his contribution, and while he was gone, they continued my prep - took my temp, blood pressure and got my IV started. That part kinda sucked. Didn't hurt that much because she numbed me each time, but it took three tries and my left hand has a large bruise because the vein blew.

Otherwise once that was started, the nurse anesthetist came back, asked me some questions and we were good to go. A made it back just in time to give me a kiss and they wheeled me back to my room. I got my meds started, nice buzz, chatted with the nurses in the room and that is all I remember until I woke up in recovery.

I was in quite a bit of pain and they gave me phen.tonol (sp??) to help. I got two doses of that and started feeling better. The RE came back told me that things went well and that we ended up with 7 eggs. As you know, I was a little depressed about that, but hopefully we get a good fertility report tomorrow (this lets us know how many were able to be fertilized and are now growing).

So wish me luck. I am going to eat a quick dinner and cash out for the night. I am super tired, it's been a long day.

No comments: