Thursday, May 21, 2009

And.....finally heard from my doc

Yesterday I finally "grew some balls" and decided that if I didn't call my RE I wouldn't be hearing from him anytime soon. So I called and left a message. I had two questions, first and foremost, do you want me to go and get the bloodwork done (and if so, what is the hold-up??), and I have a rash where I was getting the PIO shots, I figured you should know about this, and what can I do for it?

So after calling, I waited...........and waited..................and waited, and ended up going home kind of pissed off because I hadn't heard anything (which really is no suprise, because it seems like ANYTIME I need an answer to something it either takes forever or multiple phone calls, but I digresss). We ran some errands last night, looked at a new condo and I went to bed early because my head was killing me.
This morning I was at work and I was contemplating calling the office again, when lo and behold, the phone rings and it was my RE. He said that he does indeed want me to get my karyotyping done, and if mine is normal (and maybe even if I have issues), A will go and have his done.
I also asked him about different protocols and stuff, and it was kinda funny because he almost chastised me for knowing about different protocols. I guess not so much about knowing about them, but for using the internet. He seems to think it's a good thing, but at the same time, it makes you walk away with more questions than answers. I agree to a certain extent, but how do you learn w/out questions? And isn't an informed patient better than an uninformed patient? Doctors aren't gods, they don't know everything, so blindly believing in them is not the way either.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going to have my blood draw and get started on this testing. It's funny because I was unsure if I was ready to move on, but now that we are "doing something" I am upset that the testing can take up to 4 weeks. So that could be two months before we are ready to move on/have some answers.
I know I am still young, but I had a plan. I wanted kids "young" so I could enjoy them and know my grandkids. But who doesn't have a plan, right? Why am I special? I am learning. It makes you have to be more flexible, I guess.

No comments: