Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Time flies and crawls

So it's been awhile since I last posted, I know, I have been a bad blogger. I think I posted just when I had started the Lup.ron. Sorry. Time flies because I have been busy, but crawls because I am ready to get on with this cycle and get to the 'good' part.

Anyway, things went great with the Lu.pron. I am currently down to the lower dosage and today we started the injections of Meno.pur. I also add in the Dexa.methasone tonight. To get to this point we had a little bump in the road. I was a little, make that a lot, disappointed yesterday at our RE appointment. We went in for the suppression check and to teach A how to give me this new injection. The doc did the ultrasound and lo and behold....a cyst! Sucky. So I was sent to have some bloodwork done to check my hormone levels and left w/out starting the new meds. I was beyond disppointed.

So we left and got the b/w done and went to lunch to wait and see what we heard. We ended up getting a phone call around 5 that said that the hormone levels came back at the level that they were supposed to. So we got to go in this morning and have another ultrasound and ultimately begin the injections. A did really well. The RE coached him through it, but I think he will be fine to do it each day. So on with another step.

So last week I was busy cleaning the house each night last week and preparing for my best friend to come. She and her husband came on Friday night. We left as soon as they arrived and headed down to Disneyland. We spent Saturday there and at California Adventure. Then on Sunday we went to Six Flags, Magic Mountain. It was pretty fun. It's been steamy the last couple of days though, so pretty warm too. Yesterday after the appt, we all went to lunch and then I took them to Mor.ro Rock, and to Avil.a Beach. It was fun. We stopped to get ice cream on the way home and then I made some steak tacos for dinner. They headed back out this morning.
It was good to see them

I have the most horrible headache, I think it's from the medicine, so I am going to head to bed soon. Night!

No comments: