Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays to all others!!

It's been a great day so far!! Well, other than being in CA and missing all the fam in MI!!
We started off with blueberry muffins and hot chocolate in front of the tree and then we opened gifts from each other. A is such a great gift giver! He got me Wii Active, some perfume I needed refilled, a gc to a spa, some pjs, a cute shirt and the most beautiful card!
We got online next and chatted via webcam with my side of the family (my mom, dad, brothers, SIL and my uncle) and opened gifts with them. My mom and dad got us a new convection/toaster over. So excited!! Ours was a hand-me-down and literally falling apart. It's going to be so nice to have this to cook with!
A's parents got us some new kitchen towels and hot pads, some pjs and a comfy outfit for me, some video games and books for A, and a super pretty new ornament for the tree.

We are so spoiled! We have such great families. I really wish that we could spend that day WITH them, but at least we know they are close in our hearts as we are in theirs.

Last night was great, we went to Mass and then drove around to see the lights and came home and snacked and "practiced" with the webcam to make sure it worked. Today, for the rest of the day we are going to make dinner (ham is in the oven!) and eat around 3ish, and then go see Sherlock Holmes in the theater. First time I have ever done this on Christmas Day. It makes me feel a little guilty because I don't really like the idea of people working on a holiday, but.....if we don't go they would still be there, so I don't really have a lot of control over that anyway. A couple of our friends are meeting us after seeing their families too. Hopefully it will be fun!

So that's that. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I love Wii active ... although I need to start using it more often :-)