Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh happy day!

Ugh, what a day....... so today I was waiting for a phone call. Phone call was supposed to occur between the hours of 3 and 5 pm. Did not occur. I called instead, received a message that they were experiencing high call volumes and to try back later. Waited 15 min, tried again, same message. Tried again about 20 min later, office closed. So I got on their website and let them know.

During the end of this, A gets home and my mom calls. I ask if I can call her back and tell him I have no ideas for dinner because I was waiting for this phone call. He says, what do you want? I say I don't care, that I will eat cereal. Finish what I am working on, irritated at the whole situation, and call my mom back. As I am talking to her, A asks me again what I want for dinner, I again tell him I don't care, that I will have cereal (in a snippy voice) and ask my mom what she said. She tells me not to take out my irritation on him. Yes, I know this, but at this point I am not just irritated at the situation I AM irritated at him because I have already said I don't care what I eat/if I eat and he just can't make a decision on his own. I then tell her that I know, but I don't tell her how to talk to/treat Dad.

In an aside, since I have been married, this is one of my biggest pet peeves from my parents, the tips on how to and how to not treat my husband. They don't do it to my older brother, and we do not do it to them, so I don't really see where they get off sometimes. Especially because it's never about the nice things I do for him, how well I take care of him, it's about how I should be, that he is so good to me, and blah blah blah. Yes, I know he is good to me, he is great, but ya know what? He is not perfect, neither am I, but it works for us, this relationship.

Anyway, my mom tells me that she can let me go because she can tell I don't really want to talk. Okay, good idea, let's talk tomorrow. But I think that she is crying by the time we hang up, which makes me want to call her right now and check on her, but I really just don't want to talk on the phone.

Sigh... I know that was all over the place, but I was soo steamed for a few minutes that I was having some thoughts and needed to at least get this out.

so, yeah, there it is..........Happy Holidays.........
and Disney....off, there goes my happy trip
one good thing - interview tomorrow!

No comments: