Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cookies, cookies, COOKIES!!!











I baked!
I am also not the best picture taker, I realize and I just don't have time right now to fiddle with the layout. First pic is of my peanut butter cookies, 2nd and 3rd are Gingersnaps. Both taste really good.
Recipes if you are interested!!
Peanut Butter Cookies:
Ingredients
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
Combine peanut butter, shortening, light brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
Beat at medium speed until well blended.
Add egg. Beat just until blended.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with fork.
Bake at 375ºF for 7 to 8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Gingersnap Cookies:
Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
21/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions
Heat oven to 375°F.
In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls.
Dip tops into granulated sugar.
On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls, sugared sides up, about 2 inches apart.
Bake 9 to 12 minutes or just until set.
Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

5 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Yummy! I LOVE to bake - I think I'll try one of your recipes this weekend!

Flutterby918 said...

They (since I had to taste them to make sure, ya know, they were edible) were both really good. I also made some green rice crispies treats when I got home because my elf got me some red and green marshmellows I wanted to use. Hope my fam and friends like everything!!

Barb said...

Yum!!! Those look so good! I'm definitely going to make those peanut butter ones soon - they look delicious!

Flutterby918 said...

Yay, the peanut butter are my all-time fave. Soft and chewy, yum!!

WifeOfARedhead said...

mmmm, those peanut butter cookies look awesome!