Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh the days you will have..........

So let's just say, to put it lightly, as if you don't already know, I am not super fond of my place of employment. Sigh.

So today I arrive a few minutes late. This is normal for me on Mon, Wed, and Fri as I stop at the Post Office and our physical mailbox and collect the mail. So as I arrive at the office I find my boss and his daughters sitting in his truck. I open my door and start collecting my things and hear, "Nice of you to finally make it here." Now, lets just say I am not always afraid to speak my mind, so I replied, "Well, maybe you should get the mail on the way in then." So walk up to the door to unlock it (this is the reason he was waiting in the car, for some reason the owner didn't have keys to get in the office) and his little daughter reiterates that I was late. So I told her, in his hearing, "You should tell your daddy to get the mail on the way in. I am late on M, W, and F because those are the days I get the mail." He chimes in with, "You were late yesterday too." I look at him, witheringly I hope, and say, "Yeah, 3 minutes and I stayed 5 minutes late to make up for it." (Yes, if you wonder I am very respectful employee when necessary, but not in these instances, respect, also, in my opinion, is earned not a requirement) He goes on and on about how he was joking, how I should know that he doesn't care what time I come in. Except I then point out to him that most "jokes" have some semblance of truth to them. He continues claiming that it was a joke and he doesn't care. It just burns me. I stop at the Post Office three days a week, go to the bank at least 3 and I do all of this while clocked out and w/out asking for mileage reimbursement. Float me a few minutes, k?

So, as that was a great start to a Friday, the rest of the day was pretty uneventful until our unproductive afternoon meeting. They bring up a tradeshow that is coming up in May that we all might have to go to they say. Uh yeah. Not going to work out for me. My ER and ET are scheduled to be right around that time. I instantly get nauseous and start thinking that maybe I can reschedule and do it in June instead of May. And then I get upset. Because the thing is, even if I can get out of going, if 3 other people are going to be gone, they "need" me at the office. Its just really difficult. I spoke to my parents about it and they told me that the last thing I need to do is worry and to just proceed how I am. I am scared because I really didn't want to tell my boss what we are doing, I was just going to say I had non-life threatening medical procedures and appointments that I needed to go to. But who knows? Now I feel like I will need to tell her. And I want A w/me if and when I do. Because she will badger and say we are young and we shouldn't spend our money on it and blah blah blah. It's not her decision or business really. But I think they heard some of my conversation with my parents because when I was leaving (I was kinda teary-eyed during the conversation and you could tell by my voice) she asked me, "How are you?", I said fine and kept walking.

Why can't life be simple? Why must I be such a worrywort?

Leaving this with a brighter thought......... I start my Lupron in about 10 days now. :-)

No comments: