Monday, March 16, 2009

Good, but tiring weekend

So I went home. To MI! I was happy to be able to see my parents again. I guess I am too homesick in some peoples opinions, but oh well. I think part of it stems from our IF. It's really hard to go through, as many know, and it feels in a way like an illness to me and it makes me want my mom. So I had a blast. Let's begin from the beginning, which wasn't all that smooth.......
Wednesday @ 7am I headed down to the airport. Everything was smooth until we reached my favorite airport - Phoenix. My connecting plane had mechanical issues and was delayed 3 hours. Yay. I have spent some many hours in that airport waiting for delayed planes or for the next plane because my first plane was delayed. It's really great.
Anyway! So instead of arriving in Detroit at 6:30, I got in at 10. It was worst for my dad as he gets up at 4:30am to go to work, so he was really tired on Thursday.
On Thursday my mom and I hung out. I got my hair cut, we went to lunch and shopping then home to spend time w/my dad and just relax.
On Friday my mom and I went to the mall and then we went out with my dad and A's parents and brother for dinner. Then we went to a local bar in my hometown and my best friends all showed up. We left there, the parents went home and we went bowling and to a karaoke bar.
On Saturday my BFF and I ate breakfast w/my parents, went shopping (lol, I am not even that big of a shopper!) and then out to dinner w/my and her parents. Later that night all my friends came over my mom and dad's again and brought their kids (fun, but.......).
On Sunday my BFF had to leave for home and I had to get ready to go home too. It was a sad day, but so worth it to see my parents again.

My mom gave me some needles, syringes and saline so I can practice my injections too. It was really nice of her. I have to go pick up my BCP's sometime this week because I start those on Friday night. I have my Menopur and my other drugs were overnighted today, so I should be receiving those tomorrow. So yay! And, OMG! And.... I don't even know what to say.
Here it goes!
And it's definitely a go. I started spotting pink yesterday, so I am just waiting for it to start fully. But that should work out well w/the BCP's too, starting right as I start my period.

I should get going though. I am so tired from the time change and not sleeping well last night. I am going to job search and then go up to bed. Happy St. Patty's Day!!

No comments: