Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday...cruddy Monday

So my new cycle started on Friday. Can't put off getting the testing done anymore. So today my husband went and got his part started. I have an "appointment" Wednesday morning with the nurse to go get my cheek swabbed (for a thrombophilia panel to check my clotting factors), and starting CD9 I have to start using OPK's to watch for my surge so I can schedule my biopsy. Hopefully traveling doesn't mess with my scheduling this month because I would like to get all this done so we can move onto bigger and better things next month. :-)

We had a pretty good weekend - Friday was pretty boring. A played the Wii and I went to bed early with a headache. Saturday we went and saw The House Bunny. It was a silly little movie, but it was funny. Then we went home and rearranged the bedroom, which I loved because it made it seem so much more open and like it flowed better. Then we relaxed the rest of the night. On Sunday we went out for lunch to Arby's (fancy huh?), to Target (spent too much money on who knows what, but isn't that what Target is for), and to Michaels, where we got a few Halloween decorations and a kissing ball for me to decorate for Christmas. Anyone who knows me would say that my favorite holiday is Christmas, but I do like all of the bigger holidays because it gives me an excuse to decorate and change things up.

Sunday was also a little hard. I drank some wine and got sappy and sad. Talked to my mom and dad and missed them, listened to A talk to his parents, missed them, got sad, then starting thinking about kids and pregnancy and trying and all that fun stuff and just fell apart. It was good in one way because I talked to A and we decided that we would do what we had to do to get a kid. We would do IUI if the RE suggests it and at least one IVF if necessary. So that made me feel better, as I have wondered where he stood and what he thought of the whole process. I feel like we have more of a plan now and that we are on the same page at least.

My boss interviewed a new sales girl today. Two thumbs up for that FINALLY happening. She liked her and seemed to think that she would offer her the job. So hopefully that will mean someone to take my old position, so I can focus on my new one and not have to think about sales and hopefully not travel anymore after this season. Hopefully not at all this season, but let's not ask for too much here. (please note heavy sarcasm) I am still job searching, I applied for three jobs last week, but didn't see anything tonight when I was looking. Some day though.
Speaking of job searching, I have thought about going to a career coach. They are trained to help with careers - finding one, deciding on what you would be best at, etc etc. So that might help me, but right now it's just a thought, I haven't made up my mind to do it yet.

Well, that's all for now. Be back soon.

No comments: