Thursday, August 21, 2008

And so begins another cycle

Just checking in real quick....

As I mentioned in my title, we are moving on to another cycle. I called the RE today to schedule my clotting test and my husband's further testing, but they close early on Thursday, so I will have to try back tomorrow. It's a pretty easy test for me, just a cheek swab, but I have to go back later in the month (hopefully the stupid trade shows won't interfere with it, but who knows) and have an endometrial biopsy. Gotta say, I am not excited about this at all. My HSG was pretty uncomfortable and I am definitely not looking forward to this. It's all about moving ahead though. This is why I am going to see the RE rather than continuing with the OBGYN, because I wanted to move forward, and I just didn't feel like I was there.

The other day I felt as if I couldn't even go on with this process. It's so completely overwhelming. Maybe we aren't meant to have children this way, maybe we should start looking at other options. But at the same time I am just not ready to give up yet.
It's draining how my mind whirls around and around on this subject, seeking answers, craving peace, hoping against hope each cycle. It goes on and on.
There is a song out by Jason Aldean right now, Laughed until we Cried, or something like that, where he sings about trying and almost giving up, and then they found out they were expecting and they danced around the kitchen and laughed until they cried. I want that so badly.
I have to pray that someday it will happen, and that there is some sort of plan for us. This is just one challenge of many throughout our lives and we will make it through. Maybe in the end we won't end up with what we were expecting, but hopefully we will find peace in whatever comes.

I am really tired, we went to see Dark Knight last night and we were out past my bedtime. :-) I am off to read some of my book and crash for the night. Tomorrow is Friday - one more day of work at that place, then two days of relaxtion (or something other than work at least). Cross your fingers that we start discussing trade shows and figure out who is doing what. Cross fingers and toes that I get out of doing any this season. Ha, that would be GREAT!

No comments: