Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The ABC's of ME!

Ok, I am a huge slacker. I realized it had been awhile since I had last posted, but geez I didn't know it had been THAT long!! Sorry, I am going to try and shape up.

Me real quick: On BCP's, started 9/14 while on vacation (post about vacation coming), doing intralipid infusion this Thursday, 9/24, and starting Lupron on 9/29.

I am also currently in the throes of a cold or of allergies that are not liking the change from CA, to MI and back to CA. Ugh.

Anyway..........

A - apples, I like them and I was so excited to get some while in MI, but the bag we got were mealy, so disappointing!!

B - bed, I am dreaming of bed right now because I feel icky!

C - cookies! Now that fall is "here" I am craving some pumpkin cookies.

D - depressed, sometimes being infertile really, really depresses me.

E - excited, for my bday my friends and H got tickets to go see Journey in concert!!

F - Fall, one of my favorite seasons, I miss the crispness and changing colors that MI offers

G - Grandparents, it was really nice to see our grandparents while we were on vacation

H - Home is truly a double word for me. Home is CA where our kitties and our jobs, house, and new friends are. But it is also MI, the place where we grew up, where are parents, memories, and childhood friends are.

I - IVF, a HUGE part of my life and for some reason, still a surprise even though it's my second go-round.

J - jelly, petroleum that is, for my poor nose, ha!

K - KITTIES!! We have two, a black kit and a tabby kit, they are our babies. :)

L - Love, one of the most important things in the world.

M - Money, something I have always been "worried" about, saving, etc., but something that bothers me more now as we use so much of our savings for IVF.

N - new haircut - I got one while in MI, bangs for the first time since 6th grade!

O - Out of Pocket - infertility is not covered AT ALL by our insurance

P - Purple, my favorite color

Q - Queen-size bed

R - Restricted, we talk about moving back east, but we are restricted by our contract with our RE and the need for jobs wherever we move

S - Sneeze, I hate it when you feel one coming on and it goes away. It leaves me feeling so stuffy!

T - Twix, one of my favorite candybars!

U - Unfulfilled, how I feel at my job

V - Very difficult to think of things for some of these letters!

W - Worth the wait, how I think we will feel in the end when (see positive thinking!!) we have our baby.

X -xylophone, just because I can't think of another X word

Y - Yarn, I am trying to teach myself to knit, but I have been bad and haven't picked it up in awhile. We were so busy for a bit, I need to get back into it.

Z - zzzzzzzzzzzzz that is what I want RIGHT NOW!!

Yay, I did it!! I will write a more worthwhile and up-to-date post soon. :)

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I love these ABCs of me lists. I actually did it twice.
*Do you have a good pumpkin cookie recipe? They sound great.
*Ooooh, I would love to see JOurney in concert.
*Love, love, love Fall! My absolute favorite time of the year.
*Purple ROCKS
*Yarn is awesome. I think I own enough to last a lifetime. Did you know youTube has some great how to knit videos?

Happy ICLW

Flutterby918 said...

Kristin, I do have a really good pumpkin cookie recipe, I will post it soon!

I have seen a couple of videos on YouTube about knitting.... I just need to get on it again. :)

Courtney said...

Sooo jealous of your Journey tickets! Enjoy!

ICLW

Circus Princess said...

Thanks for the ABC list. Jealous of Journey concert and the knitting (have tried but don't have the patience).

Best of luck with # 2 and Happy ICLW!

Unknown said...

ABCDEFG....

Now I'll be singing all afternoon.

Lynn said...

Sorry you're feeling ill, but glad you got a chance to see your family! I hope things will be better for you soon or you'll be able to move back East before terribly long.

I love the ABC's! Might steal the idea next month for my ICLW initial post :D

Happy ICLW!

FET Accompli said...

Yay for the haircut! Yay for fall! Pumpkin cookings sounds yummmmmmyyyyyy...

Kari said...

Nice to meet you!! Good luck and you definitely need to post the pumpkin cookie recipe. The sound of pumpkin cookies is delicious!!

ICLW