Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let's talk

About money. I am a worrier by nature. I am also a saver by nature. Let's see.....IVF = bleeding money. I am not okay with this even on my best day. Logically, yes I understand it and I see the need for the spending of money, but that doesn't really make it any easier.

Our cost are higher this time around. It makes me SO happy that we went for the "multiple" cycle contract, although I still rail at the fact that we are "stuck" with this RE and that we are "stuck" in California until we are either done with these 2 years or pregnant. I got the email from our Meno.pur pharmacy on Tues. Cost there almost doubled. Got the call from our other pharmacy, they do pretty much every other drug for us, and the cost almost doubled. So instead of around $1500 this time, we are looking at $3000. Uh, yay? Not so much. Then today I had to buy my BCP's, those are $63. And the IVF intralipids he wants us to do this time, another $400 there.....I could just keep going and going. It's hard and it's not fair. I want a "free" baby. But it's not meant to be so we deal with it and move on.

I start BCPs on the 14th of Sept, while we are home in MI. I am excited to get started again, but at the same time, scared, nervous and depressed. Hopefully those emotions will fall by the wayside once we get moving again. Half of my meds came via Fed.Ex yesterday, I just need to give the go ahead for the Meno.pur to be charged to our cc.

As for Kohls. We stopped by the new store today, as the website instructed, to drop off my application. But there was no one there, and a huge sign on the side of the builidng said to go to their website or call a number to apply. I got really discouraged and got on the website when we got home, but it says the same thing. Here is the application, drop it off at the store. So A is going to stop by there one day this week for me and drop it off. Bums me out because I tried to dress a little nicely in case there was someone important there to speak with. And I feel unprofessional giving my app to A and having him drop it for me. Like it's not important enough for me to be there they will think. Hopefully not. We will see how it goes and how everything turns out. I am not good at sitting back and watching and waiting though.

Quick aside....it's been hot the last 4 days and no a/c in 100 degree weather is pure torture. Ugh, I am so glad its back to the 70's today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also a worrier and a saver by nature. It's such a pain that things are so expensive. Good luck!

ICLW

WannabeMommy said...

Ugh... the money... tell me about it! Don't you sometimes wish you were living in one of those magical states that actually supports insurance coverage for IVF?! (I'm in Cali too...)

You're comment about a "free baby" made me laugh out loud!! :-)))

Happy ICLW!!

Anonymous said...

I am a total worrier, and I do my best to save. So, I can understand your struggle. I am so sorry you med prices have doubled...it doesn't seem fair.

I hope this IVF cycle gives you a BFP.

Happy ICLW.