Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ICLW

So this is my first attempt at IComLeavWe and I am pretty excited. I have started reading up on some blogs and posting comments and I am enjoying it. I am trying to be more involved because usually I am more of a spectator. I read, but I don't really comment much, so this is my challenge to get going on the commenting.

In case anyone checks out my blog to leave at comment here's a quick rundown of where we are at in our IF journey.....
A and I met in 2002 at the department store that we each worked at - strangely we went to the same HS but didn't know each other as he was 3 years ahead of me. Started dating about 3.5 months after we met.
Got engaged on Christmas of 2003, married in May of 2005.
I was diagnosed (after pretty much being told it was the case w/out the lap) w/endometriosis in Feb of 2005 via lap.
Went off BCP's in Dec of 2006
Started thinking there might be a problem within the year, but before the year mark got busy - both got new jobs in a new state, which means new docs, new insurance, etc, etc.
Went to the OB/GYN in April of 2008 - began charting, temping more, started testing.
All normal
A got tested, all normal
Went to RE in Aug 2008 - more testing, all normal other than SLIGHT clotting factors and possible issues with the "friendliness" of my ute to a fertilized egg
With no definite known answer told to pursue IVF as best bet
Took some time, decided we would and got started in March 2009
IVF#1 cancelled right before transfer in May - our 5 (8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized) embryos experienced cleavage arrest (death) on Day 4 which was to be our transfer day-devastated
We have since had karyotype testing, which has come back normal for each of us and are planning on beginning IVF#2 which is set for ER/ET (hopefully ET!!) in early-mid October (we will be 28(me) and 31(A) at that time).

That's us in a nutshell. Otherwise we have two kitties that are our babies and try to find fun, fulfilling ways to live our lives and keep our minds off of our IF problems. For example, this weekend we are going to a garlic festival, which hopefully will be fun, as I LOVE garlic and am looking forward to eating lots of garlic bread!

Thanks for reading!!

11 comments:

Just me said...

Hi. Also from ICLW, but I saw your comment about knitting on another blog.

I just taught myself to knit a few months ago, and found lots of helpful videos on YouTube. cyberseams has some really helpful videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uw-nUvGrBY and my sister sent me this link which has also been helpful: http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Anonymous said...

I totally get being more of a spectator than commentator, I'm the same most of the time, I read loads and loads of blogs but don't comment much at all. I like ICLW because it forces me to actually comment on the blogs that I read.

It's so addictive though and you end up adding so many more blogs to your daily reading list!

The garlic festival sounds awesome, I adore garlic, I use it in cooking like most people use salt or pepper :)

Hillary said...

Yum, garlic! :)

I hope ICLW is fun for you this week!

Nina said...

Hi! Welcome to our tiny corner! I hope you have good luck with the next attempt. Personally, I like to comment, and you're welcome to visit me anytime.

FET Accompli said...

Thanks for sharing your background. It sounds like it has been a tough journey. This IF road isn't easy.

The garlic festival sounds pretty neat!! Garlic pie, garlic paste, garlic pasta - yummmy

ICLW

FET Accompli said...

Thanks for the comment - try again
:-)

Meg. said...

Just hoppin' over to your blog to return the love!

What a journey you've had! I'm so sorry for the devastation with your first go at IVF. I'll be cheering you on during your cycle in October!

Flutterby918 said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by!! And Meg, thanks for the support. I will continue to read your blog too, your journey sounds like it's going to be amazing, in more ways than one!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry your IVF was canceled day of. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been. Good luck with IVF #2!!!
ICLW

Liddy said...

Best of luck with IVF#2.

That garlic festival sounds awesome. I LOVE garlic (okay so I am Italian) and I love cooking with it.

Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
No. 95: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor infertility, good friends, neighborhood rumblings)

Jess said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting since you say you're a spectator! Hopefully soon a program will open up in your area!

I'm so sorry for your failed IVF but so excited and hopeful for #2 in October! I will keep you in my prayers...hoping for a BFP for Christmas!

*ICLW*

babyparamore.blogspot.com