Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's on

So I called the doc's office on Wed. That was not a good day. I was told that the cycle that we thought we could join is full, so we are pushed back. The secretary was out of the office that day so I wasn't able to get the "budget" information that I was hoping for. I was crying by the time I hung up.
On Thursday I called back, got the secretary, she promised to fax the info and passed on the note that we wanted to join the next IVF cycle. The nurse called back, told us we were in (starting late March) and that she would be in touch with more information soon.
Didn't receive the budget info, so I called again on Friday (they have half days Thursdays) and asked again for the budget stuff. She sent it over right away, so that was good.

So I am looking it over and we are debating on doing a single cycle or joining in on their savings plan cycles. You pay one larger amount but that covers up to 4 fresh and "unlimited" frozen. You would have to pay for the embryology fees, surgicenter fees, and meds and anesthesiologist, but not all the other stuff. Makes each cycle after the first around 4-5000 each instead of 6500 plus meds and incidentals each. So it is a savings. (I think I am correct on this info, but I don't have the paperwork in front of me so don't quote me on it.)

Anyway, so that is where we are. Moving ahead finally. I am pretty excited, scared, anxious, happy, terrified, sad, etc, etc, etc. It's crazy how you emotions fly around all at once.
I am done for the night. I will post more later. Especially when we find out more. In the meantime I am going to research insurance and see if I can find a better plan. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sorry you cannot get started this month, but at least you are only a few weeks away. If you can swing the shared risk, I would go for it 100%. You just never know... GL!!