Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tidbits....mmm that made me think of dessert...

On the job front. Again, huh?
Well as of yesterday our Marketing guy, well, he walked out. And as of today, the "new girl" that we were hiring for sales, well, she decided that she was going to take a better pay, better benefit, opportunity elsewhere. So it's just myself and my two bosses again.
I told A the other day that if I had to travel to more than one show I was quitting. But how do you quit without a backup job? It really sucks though, as I am completely unhappy with my job, and the more I think about it, the more unhappy I am.
I get where the potential sales girl was coming from though, because let's see....no benefits, 1 week of vacation no matter how long you are with the company, no holidays off, so obviously no paid holidays off, no 401(k), no insurance, difficult bosses to work with, etc, etc, etc.
I was also mentioning to A, how surprising it seems that the two of them don't take a step back and try to figure out the reasons that they can't keep anyone on. In the past year that I have been working for them they have gone through 6 people. It's crazy. For a small business that is a HUGE turnaround. Hmm, employee retention anyone? But it seems instead of looking for ways and reasons why people might have left, they just blame the person and flippantly say, Well, we knew they weren't going to work out anyway, because of this (insert stupid reason #1 here) and this (#2), and that (#3). It's not very realistic or intuitive of them.
What's also strange.... things with my bosses haven't been the same (as in comfort level, closeness when I started) since about April, and I think that they have felt this too, but recently when all of this began (the trouble with our mktg. guy was about a week in the making), my one boss has began to reach out to me, bounce ideas off of me, and try to befriend me again more. It's unsettling to say the least. I thought for a long time that we were friends, but I found it easier to coexist at work by cutting off most of our contact in everday life. It was hard to be upset with them at work and then hang out with them after hours.
We still haven't began hanging out (I don't expect this to happen either, as I don't wish it) outside of work, but I feel that I am being depended on for more than just doing my job, but more for justifying their reasoning and being a sounding board.
I am really helpful too, unh huh and yeah being my favorite words. Seems to work though because sometimes I think people just want to hear themselves talk so they can think through their thoughts better. Well, or something like that.

As far as traveling - St. Louis is definitely on, and most likely at least one or two other shows. So...very...excited. Or really not. More like, so very bummed. I am looking for other jobs, so just keep your fingers crossed that one will open up. Makes me happy that I didn't decide to sign up for school this fall, as I would be missing classes right away.

On the baby front, nothing much to report. Still waiting for my surge so I can schedule my biopsy. Always fun. Except normally I am not playing the waiting game at this part of my cycle. Normally we are just ... ya know.

I had a horribly intense headache last night. It made me feel terrible. A was so good to me. He came and rubbed my neck and temples with this headache cream that I have, made a quick dinner for us to eat so I could take pain pills, and let me rest and go to bed early. It seems to have gone away, but I have something hovering in the background, but not anywhere close to what it was like last night.

I talked to my mom yesterday about booking the cruise that we have been discussing for January. She said that she was going to look at flight prices and get back to me. I would just like to get it booked so we have something concrete to look forward too. Plus I think it's easier to go to a new job needing time of than to schedule it after you start. See I am positive, thinking I will have a new job before my cruise in January.

Okay, that is a ton for today. I am off.

No comments: