Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baking, YUM!



So as you can see from above, I am adding a new subject to this blog, one that I enjoy very much, and one that will let people see that I think about more than just my job and infertility.
Seen above is: Apple Walnut Bundt Cake (w/out the walnuts)
It was super good!
A and I went to the orchard last Sunday and bought ten pounds of apples. I have been wanting to use them, but alas, I didn't have any nutmeg on hand, which many of the recipes I wanted to try called for. So we stopped and picked some of that up and Voila! Baking ensues.
Here is the recipe if anyone out there wants to try it:
Ingredients
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of oil
1 3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of apple cider (I used apple juice)
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinammon
3 large eggs
3/4 tsp salt
3 med. baking apples, cored, rough chopped
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup of raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Powdered sugar to garnish

In large bowl, measure all ingredients except the apples,walnuts, raisins and powdered sugar. Beat well until mixed (2 min or so). Stir in apples, walnuts, and raisins. Spoon batter into a 10 in bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes (mine took 1 hr 5 minutes, but that would depend on your oven, just check it at one hour and adjust accordingly, that's what I did). (Note, cake can be frozen up to one month).
It's a really good bundt cake. It's quite large so I am sure that we will need to share as it is a lot for A and I to eat by ourselves. Enjoy!

No comments: